Seeing as I’ve had quite some time off of late, I thought it would be good to have a little catch up. I recently read a post by Dorkface and loved her answers and you should totally check our her blog. She’s pretty awesome. So I thought this would be a nice way for you guys to get to know me better. I will say though, I am quite boring so trying to think of 25 little things about me has proven a bit tricky.
1. I’ve only just started watching Greys Anatomy. I know! I know! I am currently watching season 3 and OMG! It’s like Ross and Rachel all over again!
2. I absolutely hate the recent weather (heatwave) and long for autumn and snow.
3. I play far too many phone games. Most of them I only play to get ‘free’ gold for my main game. I love cooking games, word and puzzle games but mostly willing to give any game a go. Unless of course it promotes the mass production of chickens or any other animal for that fact.
4. I currently feel like I have lost creativity somewhere. I think I must have lost it somewhere between the hospital in London and the stressful day job. I have tried to pick it up again since mum was discharged but it has been slow progress. It still feels a bit too much like a chore at the moment so I am just working on digital stuff to keep me going. Ive just started to use my bullet journal again so that is helping.
5. I have been wanting to set up a little business from home but I just don’t know where to begin. I have started selling a few little designs on some websites but I haven’t really published anything yet. I will do when I have a better idea of what it is I want from my business.
6. I recently went to visit my sister and her family on the Isle of Man. It is a lovely little island with some lovely beaches and we were lucky that this was just before the mad heat kicked in so it was still a pleasant few days. We had a great time catching up, trying lots of ice-cream and a lovely few meals.
7. I have a degree in photography but I am a terrible photographer. I don’t remember half of what they taught me and it to be honest, it was a bloody expensive bit of paper. It did help me get onto the PGCE that I needed to become a teacher though, so it is not all bad.
8. Science is my jam, especially earth science. To become a teacher I had to resit my science GCSE and I loved revising for it.
9. I used to dye my hair a lot. My appearance used to be incredibly important to me. Not so much now.
10. I hate mushrooms. The smell of them, the texture, the way they look when they’ve been cooked. YUK!
11. I wrote a political thing here but decided it was probably best to keep my political views out of the blog. Just know that I hate Donald Trump and Theresa May and think that it is a joke to leave the EU. That is all you need to know.
12. I don’t do religion. If I had to label myself I’d say humanist.
13. My favourite ‘colour’ is black but secretly I love a bit of pink too. Not to wear mind, just ever since I had my little girl I am enjoying pale shades of pink more and more especially if it features super kawaii designs. SSSH! Don’t tell anyone that though, It doesn’t really go with my image.
14. I love, love, love well illustrated children’s books, even more so since becoming a teacher and a mother. Oliver Jeffers books are great and I love how they are now available in board books for toddlers! I am currently making a list of my top picture books for a blog post so I you have any to add, do let me know in the comments.
15. I once met (paid £20 to stand next to and get his autograph) Milo Ventimiglia from Heroes and other stuff. He signed a picture of himself and took a selfie of us both whilst my husband waited with his mate. It was a great day.
16. I love nap times. I often waste them browsing social media and playing those silly phone games but sometimes I like to get s**t done too. Like today, Bubba has just gone down for a nap after finally falling asleep on daddy (first time all week) and here I am, writing this post.
17. I have a mild stationery addiction. I love pens. Brush pens mostly, despite having zero skill in using them. I love washi tape but again, rarely use it to its full potential. It currently just hangs up on my desk making me look mildly creative. I also love collecting (and not using) pretty note books, buying (but not reading) books about mindfulness, drawing and mum stuff. Actually this one should start with ‘I have a substantial addiction to buying stuff and not using it.’
18. My music taste seems to be stuck in the 90’s-early 00’s. I’ve tried liking current music but most of it is crap and sounds the same.
19. Despite being a crap photographer, I love putting up pictures on the walls of our house. I love coming down in the morning and being greeted by beautiful memories. It is a great way to start the day.
20. I love my little Instax printer. I love being able to print off pictures from my phone at any time and I plan to use them in a scrapbook that I am going to make for Zosia.
21. That reminds me! Everyone always asks about Zosia’s name. It is so difficult coming up with a name that you love when you’re a teacher. Then when you share it with your husband and he doesn’t like it either it can become quite a chore. When I was casually watching TV one evening after work, slobbing out like a pregnant mess (surprisingly I had not yet fallen asleep. The hubby heard a name on the telly and from that we decided that it would be her name. It means ‘Wisdom’ and originates from Poland and for those who always mispronounce it: Zosh – a.
22. I absolutely hate drinking coffee that has gone cold but love iced coffee.
23. I made most of my wedding decorations myself with the help of my BFF and sister.
24. Before Zosia, My hubby and I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft and League of Legends. I even created our own guild with over nine hundred members. We are currently missing playing WoW and I am having to convince my hubby why we should not buy the last two expansions that we have missed, each.
25. I love swimming but hate the fuss of changing rooms, lockers, the thought of the dirty floors and water etc.
That’s it. I made it out alive I hope you did too. If you would like to know anything else drop me a question in the comments. Thanks for coming along for the ride, no matter how boring it was.
Peace and Love